Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why do I own and carry a firearm?

We've all heard the question. Mine is simple. I carry to exercise my Constitutional Right and to protect myself, my loved ones and other innocents. We've all heard the answers as well. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy; When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away as well as others. They may seem to some to be an act of "bravado", but it rings true!! The Supreme Court has said "that the police have no legal duty to protect any individual citizen from crime, even if the citizen has received death threats and the police have negligently failed to provide protection." (7/15/05 SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES No. 04-278 TOWN OF CASTLE ROCK, COLORADO, PETITIONER v. JESSICA GONZALES) So, it's up to me and only me to provide for me and mine. I will not be a lamb to the slaughter! You will only have seconds to face down the threat. Unless you live across the street from the police, they will NOT get there in time. Now, I will beg off if I can. I will not run into a fight I have no business being in. I will be a good witness. BUT, if I or my family is cornered with no way out, I will stand my ground.

Do you own a firearm or not. If so, is it for personal protection?
Let's hear your reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment